Amazon.com to acquire British Book Depository
Washington: US online retailer Amazon.com announced on Monday it will acquire British online bookstore The Book Depository.
The cost of the transaction remains undisclosed.
The British company based in Gloucester was expected to chalk up sales of 120 million pounds (135 million euros) for the fiscal year ending in June, according to industry specialist TheBookseller.com.
The Book Depository last year had an operating profit of 2.3 million pounds, TheBookseller.com said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory