Andhra government websites hacked
Hyderabad: As many as 27 websites of various departments of Andhra Pradesh were Thursday hacked, exposing the chinks in the state`s cyber security.
The cyber criminals broke into one of the government servers and hacked the websites.
The websites which were hacked include those of departments of commercial taxes, general administration department, horticulture, factories, gazette notifications and government orders.
The officials said the hackers did not deface the pages or steal the information but only added additional pages with their message.
State Information Technology Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah said there was no loss of data. He told reporters that one of the 50 government servers was hacked and 27 websites supported by the server were affected.
The government denied reports that the data relating to the state budget was stolen. The officials said none of the websites had data relating to 2012-13 budget, which is to be presented in the state legislature Friday.
Finance Minister Anam Ramnarayan Reddy denied that the website of finance department was hacked. He denied that the budget was leaked. The minister said the budget would be posted on the website only after it was presented in the budget.
The IT minister said cyber crime branch of the police and Indian Computer Emergency Response team were informed about the hacking.
After the chief secretary lodged a complaint, the officials of cyber crime branch visited the state secretariat and began probe into the hacking.
Some Bangladeshi hacking groups are suspected to be behind the incident.
Two days ago Black HAT Hackers, a Bangladesh based group, hacked into several Indian websites including that of Indian Border Security Force. The group said their action was in response to the killings by BSF personnel in the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31