Angry Birds game now on Facebook
London: The Angry Birds game that has been downloaded 500 million times has been launched as a free version on social network Facebook.
In the game, players use catapults to fire infuriated birds at pigs hiding inside buildings made of planks.
The Facebook game, however, allows users to pay for extra birds and other in-game extras.
The website game is similar to the iPhone app. The only difference is players have to use a mouse to sling birds across the game`s landscapes rather than a finger, the Daily Mail reported.
Peter Vesterbacka, chief marketing officer of game-making company Rovio, said he hoped up to 40 percent of Facebook users would pay for in-game extras.
Rovio has never spent any money on advertising or marketing Angry Birds, the report said.
It had made 50 failed games before Angry Birds. The company also sells a million Angry Birds toys and a same number of T-shirts every month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!