``Angry Birds`` tops iPhone app downloads
London: ``Angry Birds`` was the most downloaded paid-for app on the iTunes store in 2010, reveals Apple.
It is a popular game in which cartoon birds are catapulted towards pigs balancing on teetering structures.
The ``Lite`` version of the game, which allows people to try out the game before spending 59p on the full version, was the second most popular free app in 2010.
It was also the third highest-grossing app of the year, second only to two TomTom navigation applications that retailed for around 50 pounds.
Dropbox, which allows people to synchronise and share files across computers, via the Internet, and access these files from their mobile phones, and Nigella Lawson`s cooking guide, were the other hot choices.
"Angry Birds has this amazing cross-over appeal that makes it as popular with hardcore gamers as casual gamers," the Telegraph quoted Guy Cocker, of videogames website Gamespot.
"It`s a game that plays to the strengths of the iPhone and iPod touch - it`s been designed specifically for that platform, and it just works incredibly well.
"Whenever I catch the bus, there`s always someone on there playing Angry Birds. It`s got a low barrier to entry, and you really feel like you`re getting a lot of game for your money. It`s no surprise that Angry Birds has been nominated for some of this year`s most prestigious gaming awards," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested