Anonymous claims responsibility for ‘Facebook hack in Europe’ via Twitter
Washington: Social networking site Facebook went down in Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, Norway and Portugal on Thursday, according to reports that streamed in via Twitter.
There is a "likely service disruption" on Facebook, according to the website Down Right Now.
The site gathers its information by using a few different techniques like searching for an official site announcement, Twitter reports or direct reports to the site.
According to CBS News, a Twitter account associated with the hacking group Anonymous claimed responsibility for the attacks on Facebook in Europe.
“I`m attacking facebook rigth now,"[sic] @AnonymousOwn3r tweeted.
According to the report, it`s still not clear if the outages are a hoax being played out on Twitter or if they are real.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday