Anonymous claims responsibility for ‘Facebook hack in Europe’ via Twitter
Washington: Social networking site Facebook went down in Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, Norway and Portugal on Thursday, according to reports that streamed in via Twitter.
There is a "likely service disruption" on Facebook, according to the website Down Right Now.
The site gathers its information by using a few different techniques like searching for an official site announcement, Twitter reports or direct reports to the site.
According to CBS News, a Twitter account associated with the hacking group Anonymous claimed responsibility for the attacks on Facebook in Europe.
“I`m attacking facebook rigth now,"[sic] @AnonymousOwn3r tweeted.
According to the report, it`s still not clear if the outages are a hoax being played out on Twitter or if they are real.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah