Anonymous claims responsibility for ‘Facebook hack in Europe’ via Twitter
Washington: Social networking site Facebook went down in Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, Norway and Portugal on Thursday, according to reports that streamed in via Twitter.
There is a "likely service disruption" on Facebook, according to the website Down Right Now.
The site gathers its information by using a few different techniques like searching for an official site announcement, Twitter reports or direct reports to the site.
According to CBS News, a Twitter account associated with the hacking group Anonymous claimed responsibility for the attacks on Facebook in Europe.
“I`m attacking facebook rigth now,"[sic] @AnonymousOwn3r tweeted.
According to the report, it`s still not clear if the outages are a hoax being played out on Twitter or if they are real.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands