Anonymous obtains private email addresses of UK cops
London: Notorious hacking group Anonymous, in their latest attack, hacked into the security of a web forum, and obtained private email addresses of UK police officers.
Members of the hacktivist group reportedly retrieved the personal email details of private and serving officers from a website, and emailed them directly.
The security breach, which happened in a third-party web forum rather than official police computers, is being now investigated by the Metropolitan Police Central e-Crime unit, the Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, in a message addressed to “members of our U.K. police and armed forces”, Anonymous hackers told officers and servicemen to “stand with us” in an upcoming campaign.
“We call on you to do the right thing for once and stand with us, not against us, as we are doing this for YOUR benefit too. Under your uniform you are one of us and we are you. United we stand and can make this world a better place for all of us,” the message stated.
However, a spokesman insisted no Met Police systems had been compromised in the attack, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says