Another LulzSec ‘hacker’ arrested over Sony Pictures breach
London: US authorities have reportedly arrested a second suspected member of hacking group LulzSec on charges of taking part in an extensive computer breach of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Raynaldo Rivera, 20, of Tempe, Arizona, surrendered to the FBI in Phoenix six days after a federal grand jury in Los Angeles returned an indictment charging him with conspiracy and unauthorised impairment of a protected computer.
The indictment accused Rivera and co-conspirators of stealing information from Sony Corp`s, Sony Pictures`` computer systems in May and June 2011, the Telegraph reports.
The indictment said Rivera helped to post the confidential information onto LulzSec``s website and announced the intrusion via the hacking group``s Twitter account.
Following the breach, LulzSec published the names, birth dates, addresses, emails, phone numbers and passwords of thousands of people who had entered contests promoted by Sony, and publicly boasted of its exploits.
According to the paper, if convicted, Rivera faces up to 15 years in prison.
The FBI said Rivera’s co-conspirators included Cody Kretsinger, 24, a confessed LulzSec member who pleaded guilty in April to federal charges stemming from his role in the Sony attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi