AOL advises users to change passwords following security breach
Washington: AOL has reportedly confirmed a major security flaw that has affected a significant number of email accounts and has advised users to change their passwords.
AOL said that the security breach might have exposed private information of users such as mail addresses, postal addresses, address book contact information, encrypted passwords, and encrypted answers to security questions, CNET reported.
The mass media corporation changed their email authentication system after users complained about the unwanted emails containing malware.
It is believed that sensitive information such as credit and debit card data was not revealed, however, the investigation is still going on.
Meanwhile, to be on a safer side, the company has urged users to change their passwords and security answers.
The company assures that it is working closely with federal authorities to pursue the investigation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living