Apple delays latest iTunes upgrade ‘to get it right`
London: Apple has announced that the latest version of its iTunes will not be released this month as planned because the firm wants to take a little more time to ‘make it right’.
Apple announced iTunes 11, the latest version of the programme that plays music, films and TV shows, at its iPhone 5 event last month.
It originally said the update would be released by the end of October but the deadline has slipped.
In a statement, Apple told technology site AllThingsD, ‘The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right.’
“We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November” the firm said.
According to the Telegraph, iTunes has been criticised in the past for being slow and growing increasingly unwieldy as more and more media types have been added to what used to be simply a music player.
The report also said that the new version includes improved integration with Apple`s iCloud syncing service, a streamlined layout, better search functions and full library search.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official