Apple delays latest iTunes upgrade ‘to get it right`
London: Apple has announced that the latest version of its iTunes will not be released this month as planned because the firm wants to take a little more time to ‘make it right’.
Apple announced iTunes 11, the latest version of the programme that plays music, films and TV shows, at its iPhone 5 event last month.
It originally said the update would be released by the end of October but the deadline has slipped.
In a statement, Apple told technology site AllThingsD, ‘The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right.’
“We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November” the firm said.
According to the Telegraph, iTunes has been criticised in the past for being slow and growing increasingly unwieldy as more and more media types have been added to what used to be simply a music player.
The report also said that the new version includes improved integration with Apple`s iCloud syncing service, a streamlined layout, better search functions and full library search.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere