Apple drops ‘Mac computers immune from virus’ claim
Washington: Tech giant Apple has removed claims on its website that Mac computers do not get viruses, after hundreds of thousands of machines were hijacked by a Trojan earlier this year.
Apple`s web page titled ``Why you`ll love a Mac`` used to state that, ‘It doesn’t get PC viruses.’
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, the website has been altered and now simply says, ‘it`s built to be safe.’
“Built-in defences in OS X keep you safe from unknowingly downloading malicious software on your Mac,” the website said.
“OS X is designed with powerful, advanced technologies that work hard to keep your Mac safe,” it added.
But there is no longer any reference to Macs being immune from the viruses long-suffered by PC users.
According to the report, security experts welcomed the change in the company’s marketing.
“People in glass houses shouldn`t throw stones,” said Graham Cluley from British security firm Sophos.
“Let`s hope more Apple Mac owners are also learning to take important security steps - such as installing anti-virus protection,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?