Apple pays homage to Steve Jobs
New York: Apple website paid a sombre homage to Steve Jobs, displaying a black and white portrait of the technology legend with a note that said only a "visionary and creative genius" like Jobs could have built a company like Apple.
"Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius and the world has lost an amazing human being," the four-line note read.
"Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor."
The message further said Jobs has left behind a company that "only he could have built and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
In the portrait, a bearded and bespectacled Jobs, wearing his trademark black turtleneck, has his hand near his chin and a slight smile on his lips.
Jobs, who single-handedly changed the way the world listened to music, communicated on the phone and used the computer, has died at the age of 56.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Companies making beeline to sign PV Sindhu for endorsements
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise