Apple pays homage to Steve Jobs
New York: Apple website paid a sombre homage to Steve Jobs, displaying a black and white portrait of the technology legend with a note that said only a "visionary and creative genius" like Jobs could have built a company like Apple.
"Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius and the world has lost an amazing human being," the four-line note read.
"Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor."
The message further said Jobs has left behind a company that "only he could have built and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
In the portrait, a bearded and bespectacled Jobs, wearing his trademark black turtleneck, has his hand near his chin and a slight smile on his lips.
Jobs, who single-handedly changed the way the world listened to music, communicated on the phone and used the computer, has died at the age of 56.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!