Apple pays homage to Steve Jobs
New York: Apple website paid a sombre homage to Steve Jobs, displaying a black and white portrait of the technology legend with a note that said only a "visionary and creative genius" like Jobs could have built a company like Apple.
"Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius and the world has lost an amazing human being," the four-line note read.
"Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor."
The message further said Jobs has left behind a company that "only he could have built and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
In the portrait, a bearded and bespectacled Jobs, wearing his trademark black turtleneck, has his hand near his chin and a slight smile on his lips.
Jobs, who single-handedly changed the way the world listened to music, communicated on the phone and used the computer, has died at the age of 56.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30