Apple pays homage to Steve Jobs
New York: Apple website paid a sombre homage to Steve Jobs, displaying a black and white portrait of the technology legend with a note that said only a "visionary and creative genius" like Jobs could have built a company like Apple.
"Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius and the world has lost an amazing human being," the four-line note read.
"Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor."
The message further said Jobs has left behind a company that "only he could have built and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
In the portrait, a bearded and bespectacled Jobs, wearing his trademark black turtleneck, has his hand near his chin and a slight smile on his lips.
Jobs, who single-handedly changed the way the world listened to music, communicated on the phone and used the computer, has died at the age of 56.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh