Apple pays homage to Steve Jobs
New York: Apple website paid a sombre homage to Steve Jobs, displaying a black and white portrait of the technology legend with a note that said only a "visionary and creative genius" like Jobs could have built a company like Apple.
"Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius and the world has lost an amazing human being," the four-line note read.
"Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor."
The message further said Jobs has left behind a company that "only he could have built and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
In the portrait, a bearded and bespectacled Jobs, wearing his trademark black turtleneck, has his hand near his chin and a slight smile on his lips.
Jobs, who single-handedly changed the way the world listened to music, communicated on the phone and used the computer, has died at the age of 56.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Pakistan shows its big heart, grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Find out what lies beneath your fingernails!
- It's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: Deepika Padukone
- Chhatisgarh to ban commercial vehicles over 10-12 years old
- Arvind Kejriwal wants Brexit-style referendum on full statehood for Delhi