Apple working on ‘headphones that can change into speakers’: Report
London: A newly uncovered Apple patent filing has revealed that the iPhone maker is now working on a pair of headphones can be changed to amplified speakers at the flick of a switch.
A patent seen by Patently Apple outlines the ‘dual-mode headphone’ that can switch between two settings, from an in-ear headphone to a speaker with amplifier.
The headphones function normally until the user decides to take them off and activate the speakers, the Telegraph reports.
According the to the patent, the headphone ear covers could be rotated through 90 degrees so that they could rest on a surface facing upwards for use as speakers.
The amplifier would be switched off when the headphones are worn normally, and could be turned on manually or automatically when the headphones are rested in speaker position, the patent filing said.
A sensor would be used to detect when the headphones are being worn to prevent the speaker mode from being engaged, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!