Apple`s developer website hacked
New York: Apple Inc, the iconic maker of iPhone and iPad, has temporarily shut down its developer site after a hacker last week tried to steal personal information about the most valued technology firm`s software developers.
The California-based firm said the `intruder` might have accessed personal information like developers` names, mailing addresses, and email addresses.
The computer and software major has closed down the site, where programmers write applications for Apple products like iPhones, Macs, etc, on July 18 for overhauling and updation.
"Last Thursday, an intruder attempted to secure personal information of our registered developers from our developer website," Apple said in a statement on its developer`s website.
"Sensitive personal information was encrypted and cannot be accessed, however, we have not been able to rule out the possibility that some developers` names, mailing addresses, and/or email addresses may have been accessed.
"In the spirit of transparency, we want to inform you of the issue. We took the site down immediately on Thursday and have been working around the clock since then," the statement further added.
Apple said it is overhauling the system to prevent a similar incident from occuring in future.
"In order to prevent a security threat like this from happening again, we`re completely overhauling our developer systems, updating our server software, and rebuilding our entire database.
"We apologise for the significant inconvenience that our downtime has caused you and we expect to have the developer website up again soon," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day