Around 1030 govt websites were hacked in last three years
New Delhi: More than 1000 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked in the last three years.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh today said as per information reported to and tracked by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in), a total of 303, 308, 371 and 48 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked during 2010, 2011, 2012 and upto March 2013 respectively.
"Department of Information Technology has taken necessary preventive actions to hacking of the government websites/ sensitive data," he said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Singh said the preventive action includes proper audit of all new government websites and applications in respect of cyber security prior to their hosting.
"It has been mandated that all government websites are hosted on infrastructure of National Informatics Centre, Education and Research Network or any other secure infrastructure service provider in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...