Around 1030 govt websites were hacked in last three years
New Delhi: More than 1000 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked in the last three years.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh today said as per information reported to and tracked by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in), a total of 303, 308, 371 and 48 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked during 2010, 2011, 2012 and upto March 2013 respectively.
"Department of Information Technology has taken necessary preventive actions to hacking of the government websites/ sensitive data," he said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Singh said the preventive action includes proper audit of all new government websites and applications in respect of cyber security prior to their hosting.
"It has been mandated that all government websites are hosted on infrastructure of National Informatics Centre, Education and Research Network or any other secure infrastructure service provider in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries