Around 1030 govt websites were hacked in last three years
New Delhi: More than 1000 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked in the last three years.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh today said as per information reported to and tracked by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in), a total of 303, 308, 371 and 48 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked during 2010, 2011, 2012 and upto March 2013 respectively.
"Department of Information Technology has taken necessary preventive actions to hacking of the government websites/ sensitive data," he said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Singh said the preventive action includes proper audit of all new government websites and applications in respect of cyber security prior to their hosting.
"It has been mandated that all government websites are hosted on infrastructure of National Informatics Centre, Education and Research Network or any other secure infrastructure service provider in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...