Around 1030 govt websites were hacked in last three years
New Delhi: More than 1000 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked in the last three years.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh today said as per information reported to and tracked by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in), a total of 303, 308, 371 and 48 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked during 2010, 2011, 2012 and upto March 2013 respectively.
"Department of Information Technology has taken necessary preventive actions to hacking of the government websites/ sensitive data," he said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Singh said the preventive action includes proper audit of all new government websites and applications in respect of cyber security prior to their hosting.
"It has been mandated that all government websites are hosted on infrastructure of National Informatics Centre, Education and Research Network or any other secure infrastructure service provider in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February