Around 1030 govt websites were hacked in last three years
New Delhi: More than 1000 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked in the last three years.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh today said as per information reported to and tracked by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in), a total of 303, 308, 371 and 48 government websites belonging to various Ministries and Departments were hacked during 2010, 2011, 2012 and upto March 2013 respectively.
"Department of Information Technology has taken necessary preventive actions to hacking of the government websites/ sensitive data," he said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
Singh said the preventive action includes proper audit of all new government websites and applications in respect of cyber security prior to their hosting.
"It has been mandated that all government websites are hosted on infrastructure of National Informatics Centre, Education and Research Network or any other secure infrastructure service provider in the country," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India