Asia Pacific most targeted by advanced cyber attacks globally
Washington: Asia Pacific is more likely to be targeted by advanced cyber attacks compared to the world as a whole, according to a recent research.
FireEye Labs said that while attention-seeking hackers are trying to attract as much press as possible, organized and resourceful cyber criminals and nation-state threat actors are capable of more advanced attacks meant to steal information or sabotage critical infrastructure, and can often go unnoticed for long periods of time.
According to the report, the most often-targeted by advanced attackers in Asia were financial services, national government, high-tech, chemicals, manufacturing, mining, services, consulting, higher education, telecom, energy, utilities, petroleum, entertainment/media, and sub-national and local government.
FireEye Labs list of the top 10 most targeted countries in Asia during the past year are:
1. South Korea
5. Hong Kong
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore