Asia Pacific most targeted by advanced cyber attacks globally
Washington: Asia Pacific is more likely to be targeted by advanced cyber attacks compared to the world as a whole, according to a recent research.
FireEye Labs said that while attention-seeking hackers are trying to attract as much press as possible, organized and resourceful cyber criminals and nation-state threat actors are capable of more advanced attacks meant to steal information or sabotage critical infrastructure, and can often go unnoticed for long periods of time.
According to the report, the most often-targeted by advanced attackers in Asia were financial services, national government, high-tech, chemicals, manufacturing, mining, services, consulting, higher education, telecom, energy, utilities, petroleum, entertainment/media, and sub-national and local government.
FireEye Labs list of the top 10 most targeted countries in Asia during the past year are:
1. South Korea
5. Hong Kong
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh