Asia Pacific most targeted by advanced cyber attacks globally
Washington: Asia Pacific is more likely to be targeted by advanced cyber attacks compared to the world as a whole, according to a recent research.
FireEye Labs said that while attention-seeking hackers are trying to attract as much press as possible, organized and resourceful cyber criminals and nation-state threat actors are capable of more advanced attacks meant to steal information or sabotage critical infrastructure, and can often go unnoticed for long periods of time.
According to the report, the most often-targeted by advanced attackers in Asia were financial services, national government, high-tech, chemicals, manufacturing, mining, services, consulting, higher education, telecom, energy, utilities, petroleum, entertainment/media, and sub-national and local government.
FireEye Labs list of the top 10 most targeted countries in Asia during the past year are:
1. South Korea
5. Hong Kong
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic