Australia fast becoming global hub of cyber attacks: Report
Wellington: Australia is increasingly becoming a hot-spot for targeted cyber attacks as online criminals shift their focus towards Asia.
According a report by cyber security firm Trend Micro, Australia has become the main location of `command and control` servers, which are used by cybercriminals when they attack governments and businesses.
The firm`s report indicated that 32 percent of targeted attacks in the second quarter of 2013 involved a command and control server located in Australia, followed by South Korea and Germany.
The report said that the criminals first infect Australian computers with malware via spam emails and other common pathways, turning it into a command and control server, and later using it for the actual target.
Jonathan Oliver from Trend Micro said that the infected computers act like middle-man in the cyber crime and foreign governments doubt the Australian links less as compared to those coming from Russia, China or other known cybercriminal hotspots.
Oliver added that the cybercriminals are trying to fly under the radar and Australia is considered safe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic