Average of 82,000 new malware threats reported per day in 2013
Washington: Nearly 82,000 new malware threats were created every day in 2013, a new report has found.
According to a report from Panda Security, 20 percent of all of the malware that`s ever existed was created in 2013, which is the equivalent of 30 million new malware threats in one year, or about 82,000 per day.
According to a website, PandaLabs found that more than seven in 10 of the new threats in 2013 were Trojans.
The rest of the malware threats were composed of worms, 13.3 percent, viruses at 8.49 percent, adware/spyware at 6.93 percent, and others.
The report found that the most infected country was China with 54.03 percent of the total detected infections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets