`Beebone` computer virus lurking in Indian cyberspace
New Delhi: A new and deadly variant of computer virus called `Beebone` has been detected in Indian cyberspace and Internet security sleuths have warned users to safeguard their systems against its attack which leads to unauthorised entry of malware.
`Beebone` belongs to the notorious family of Trojan malwares which get a "privileged access" into a user’s computer by faking its identity and deploying smart and corrupt techniques to attack vulnerable computers.
The latest virus detected on the country`s Internet network is so notorious and lethal that it acquires as many as 20 aliases or masks to infect and attack a vulnerable computer system which is low on security features.
"It has been observed that new variants of Trojan win32/Beebone are spreading widely.
This is a trojan downloader family which silently downloads and installs other malware and programs without user consent," an advisory issued by the national Internet and computer security sleuths organisation, the Computer Emergency Response Team-India (CERT-In), said.
The cyber security sleuths have suggested a host of countermeasures and defences to beat `Beebone` attacks.
"Exercise caution while using external/removable storage devices, disable autorun functionality in Windows, keep upto date patches and fixes on the operating system and application software, do not visit untrusted websites, keep upto date anti-virus and anti-spyware signatures at desktop and gateway level, use strong passwords and also enable password policies and avoid downloading pirated software," are some of the security features recommended by the agency to Internet and computer users in the country.
For computer technology geeks, the agency has put out the names of aliases acquired by the virus.
Some of them are-- Trojan.Win32.Jorik.Fareit.Qru (Kaspersky), W32/Autorun.Worm.Aaeh!gen (McAfee), W32/VobFus-BX (Sophos), Trojan horse (Symantec), Trojan-FBZZ! 41E0B7088DD9 (McAfee), Trojan.Win32.SelfDel.Aqhh (Kaspersky), Trojan.Win32.Jorik.Fareit.Qsl (Kaspersky), Beebone-FMQ! 039FA2520D97 (McAfee), W32.Changeup! gen40 (Symantec) and Worm.Win32.Vobfus.Dxpf (Kaspersky).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Alcohol kills an Indian every 96 minutes
- KSEEB 2nd (II) PUC Results 2016 Karnataka Board: Kseeb.kar.nic.in & karresults.nic.in for Class 12th XII, Second PUC Exam Results 2016 Karnataka Board, KSEEB to be declared shortly
- Devastated Ben Stokes undergoes surgery; Reece Topley ruled out for three months
- Honda City Vs Honda BR-V: A comparative review
- Have you seen Bajrang Dal training video shot in Ayodhya? Watch it here