Bragging top reason to unfriend someone on Facebook
London: Bragging, soppy love posts and too many status updates are some of the most common reasons people get fed up and unfriend their Facebook contacts, a new survey has found.
The survey of 820 Facebook users found that 68 per cent of them have unfriended someone for boasting on the social networking site.
Almost 61 per cent admitted they deleted someone after being fed up of their friends` lovey dovey Facebook updates about their romance.
Other common reasons for unfriending include too many updates, "annoying" posts and "inappropriate photos", while more than a quarter of users said they found a friend`s status posts "too personal".
The survey by discount shopping site PromotionalCodes.Org.Uk also found that 11 per cent of Facebook members had deleted a friend because they were jealous of their holidays.
Bad language was another reason for deleting someone from your friend list, while more than half of users said they unfriended a contact because they didn`t see them in the real world.
Some 15 per cent of users said they had deleted a friend when that contact started adding friends from their contact list without actually knowing the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj