British crime agency website knocked out by attack
London: Britain`s Serious and Organized Crime Agency says its website has been taken down following a denial-of-service attack.
A spokesman says the site was taken down yesterday "to limit the disruption on other clients of our hosting provider."
Denial-of-service attacks work by flooding a website with bogus traffic, effectively making it unreachable.
Large attacks can also jam other websites hosted by the same provider.
Such attacks are easy to launch and generally do little lasting damage.
The spokesman said today that "we have had one or two before." He spoke anonymously in line with department policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof