CES 2014 offers smartphone add-ons like stun guns, tricoders, medical kits
London: Smartphones that can turn into Star Trek-like "tricorder medical diagnostic kits", predator-style "thermal vision cameras" and electric " stun guns" are being promoted at the Consumer Electronics Show of 2014.
The inventions showing up at CES 2014 adds multiple abilities to existing handsets, most of which will go on sale this year, the BBC reports.
California-based "Scanadu" is developing a health-checking scanner packed with sensors, called "Scout", which the user can hold up to his head to measure his heart rate, skin and core body temperatures, respiratory rate and blood oxygen levels among other readings.
The Izzi Orbit Pro provides a selection of different lenses to increase the style of pictures that can be taken and a camera-style grip to help steady shots, the report added.
Canopy`s Sensus App-Enhancing Yellow Jacket`s case will turn the mobile into an electric stun gun, as it is capable of giving a 650,000 volts electric shock.
Prong lets a smartphone be plugged straight into a plug socket, the report added.
Mophie is offering "Space Pack", which has the added benefit of offering extra storage to iPhones.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'