China cracks down on mobile news apps
Beijing: China has punished a number of mobile news applications that lack qualifications as news services and ordered them to correct their behaviour within a certain time limit.
According to a statement issued by China`s State Internet Information Office (SIIO) Monday, some mobile news apps provide news services without qualifications prescribed by internet regulators and even publish false information, reported Xinhua.
Some mobile news apps bragged that they carry news deemed inappropriate and columns "not suitable for public places" and also publish pornography and obscene information harming the physical and psychological health of youngsters, according to the statement.
The SIIO urged local authorities to rigorously enforce laws and regulations concerning mobile news apps and close those that refuse to be reined in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima