China cracks down on mobile news apps
Beijing: China has punished a number of mobile news applications that lack qualifications as news services and ordered them to correct their behaviour within a certain time limit.
According to a statement issued by China`s State Internet Information Office (SIIO) Monday, some mobile news apps provide news services without qualifications prescribed by internet regulators and even publish false information, reported Xinhua.
Some mobile news apps bragged that they carry news deemed inappropriate and columns "not suitable for public places" and also publish pornography and obscene information harming the physical and psychological health of youngsters, according to the statement.
The SIIO urged local authorities to rigorously enforce laws and regulations concerning mobile news apps and close those that refuse to be reined in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!