China cracks down on mobile news apps
Beijing: China has punished a number of mobile news applications that lack qualifications as news services and ordered them to correct their behaviour within a certain time limit.
According to a statement issued by China`s State Internet Information Office (SIIO) Monday, some mobile news apps provide news services without qualifications prescribed by internet regulators and even publish false information, reported Xinhua.
Some mobile news apps bragged that they carry news deemed inappropriate and columns "not suitable for public places" and also publish pornography and obscene information harming the physical and psychological health of youngsters, according to the statement.
The SIIO urged local authorities to rigorously enforce laws and regulations concerning mobile news apps and close those that refuse to be reined in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand