China cracks down on mobile news apps
Beijing: China has punished a number of mobile news applications that lack qualifications as news services and ordered them to correct their behaviour within a certain time limit.
According to a statement issued by China`s State Internet Information Office (SIIO) Monday, some mobile news apps provide news services without qualifications prescribed by internet regulators and even publish false information, reported Xinhua.
Some mobile news apps bragged that they carry news deemed inappropriate and columns "not suitable for public places" and also publish pornography and obscene information harming the physical and psychological health of youngsters, according to the statement.
The SIIO urged local authorities to rigorously enforce laws and regulations concerning mobile news apps and close those that refuse to be reined in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes