China cracks down on mobile news apps
Beijing: China has punished a number of mobile news applications that lack qualifications as news services and ordered them to correct their behaviour within a certain time limit.
According to a statement issued by China`s State Internet Information Office (SIIO) Monday, some mobile news apps provide news services without qualifications prescribed by internet regulators and even publish false information, reported Xinhua.
Some mobile news apps bragged that they carry news deemed inappropriate and columns "not suitable for public places" and also publish pornography and obscene information harming the physical and psychological health of youngsters, according to the statement.
The SIIO urged local authorities to rigorously enforce laws and regulations concerning mobile news apps and close those that refuse to be reined in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away