China hit by biggest cyber attack in history
Washington: China was reportedly hit by the largest hack-like attack in its history on Sunday, when all the Internet users received a `denial of service` message while trying to get online.
The China Internet Network Information Center (CINIC) claimed that the attack struck at the country`s domain extension, the Washington Times reports.
Although it`s not yet clear if the attack was related to anything political, the attack had struck twice in a gap of couple of hours that disabled the users to reach the websites.
According to the report, denials of service are not similar to hacks, since they can occur without someone breaking into the system, but they can happen when someone organizes a host of computers to flood a system with information requests all at the same time.
The information overload had shut down computer systems, just like when hackers physically tap into the servers for information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred