China logs on to its first internet-themed museum
Beijing: China will build its first internet museum to chronicle the development of the net in the increasingly wired country, China`s internet network watchdog said Friday.
The museum will show the history and fruits of China`s Internet development, with some of the exhibition open to the public in early April, Xinhua reported citing the China Internet Network Information Centre (CNNIC), one of the major organisers.
CNNIC is the administrative agency responsible for internet affairs under the ministry of information industry of China.
Multiple digital technologies will be used to colour the show and social networking platforms to interact with netizens, with the introduction of a mobile app to enable a virtual trip within the museum, said Li Xiaodong, executive director of CNNIC.
China now has over 600 million netizens with mobile internet users expanding to 500 million. E-commerce and gaming are booming as information technology becomes key to updating the economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre