China to test 5G technology by 2020
Beijing: China is reportedly working on developing 5G technology after the wide acceptance of predecessor 3G and 4G getting equally greater response.
The secretary general of Telecommunication Development Industry Alliance (TDTA), Yang Hua said that they have started research and development on the 5G network and are planning to launch the network testing around 2020.
Director of Dept.of Science and Tech, MIIT, Wen Ku said that a unified standard for the technology when adopted globally, will allow different enterprises to be connected and form a competitive environment.
Wen further said that with such adoption, enterprises can gain reasonable profits and provide faster, better, more convenient and cheaper services to consumers.
According to China Daily, as the country prepares to hand out 4G licenses, smartphone manufacturers are working on new 4G products.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata