China uses 150 million computers daily: Report
Beijing: About 150 million computers are used daily in China, but six out of 10 computers have problems such as slow running speeds, according to a report Wednesday.
Excessive numbers of "startup programmes" lead to slower operating speeds, resulting in lower overall efficiency, said the report by Qihoo 360, a major Chinese computer security company and largest free anti-virus software provider in the country.
About two-fifths of the 10,000 programmes most commonly set to start running when users` computers boot up, including web browsing and word processing programmes, are considered "useless" by Qihoo 360, Xinhua reported.
The report said that the average computer in China takes 56 seconds to fully boot, with about 380,000 computers taking more than five minutes to complete the process.
"Some of these programmes can be useful, but it is unnecessary to automatically run these programmes at start-up," the report said, adding that "autorun" programmes, which automatically start running when the computer boots up, are often the targets of malicious computer hackers.
Malicious browser helper objects (BHOs), system junk files, trojan software and pop-ups are the biggest problems for computer security in China, the report said.
The number of Chinese users who have installed Qihoo 360`s free security software topped 328 million by the end of January this year, according to iResearch, a computer data analysis company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional