China wants cyber security communication with US
Beijing: China has appealed for communication with the US on cyber security, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
While stressing that cyber security was a global issue, confronting not only America but also China, a foreign ministry spokesperson Hong Lei said: "China proposes stronger cooperation with the United States on cyber security."
The statement came during a daily press briefing in response to a question claiming the US governmental organisations and businesses have been victims of cyber attacks by the Chinese military.
China has also been victim to cyber attacks, yet it has never accused the US for the issue, said Hong, adding the US has so far not provided solid proof of Chinese hackers.
"We would like to sit down with the United States, communicate on the issues and discuss the formulation of related international regulations so as to jointly safeguard peace, security, openness and cooperation in cyberspace," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez