China wants cyber security communication with US
Beijing: China has appealed for communication with the US on cyber security, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
While stressing that cyber security was a global issue, confronting not only America but also China, a foreign ministry spokesperson Hong Lei said: "China proposes stronger cooperation with the United States on cyber security."
The statement came during a daily press briefing in response to a question claiming the US governmental organisations and businesses have been victims of cyber attacks by the Chinese military.
China has also been victim to cyber attacks, yet it has never accused the US for the issue, said Hong, adding the US has so far not provided solid proof of Chinese hackers.
"We would like to sit down with the United States, communicate on the issues and discuss the formulation of related international regulations so as to jointly safeguard peace, security, openness and cooperation in cyberspace," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra