China`s number of Web users rises to 513 million
Beijing: An industry group says China`s number of Internet users has surged past 500 million and is still growing strongly.
The China Internet Network Information Center said Monday the mainland`s number of Internet users stood at 513 million in December, up 12 percent from a year earlier.
China`s communist government promotes Internet use for business and education but tries to block access to material it considers subversive or pornographic.
The latest figures also showed the number of Chinese who surf the Web by mobile phone rose 17.5 percent to 356 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi