China`s number of Web users rises to 513 million
Beijing: An industry group says China`s number of Internet users has surged past 500 million and is still growing strongly.
The China Internet Network Information Center said Monday the mainland`s number of Internet users stood at 513 million in December, up 12 percent from a year earlier.
China`s communist government promotes Internet use for business and education but tries to block access to material it considers subversive or pornographic.
The latest figures also showed the number of Chinese who surf the Web by mobile phone rose 17.5 percent to 356 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'