China`s number of Web users rises to 513 million
Beijing: An industry group says China`s number of Internet users has surged past 500 million and is still growing strongly.
The China Internet Network Information Center said Monday the mainland`s number of Internet users stood at 513 million in December, up 12 percent from a year earlier.
China`s communist government promotes Internet use for business and education but tries to block access to material it considers subversive or pornographic.
The latest figures also showed the number of Chinese who surf the Web by mobile phone rose 17.5 percent to 356 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon