China`s number of Web users rises to 513 million
Beijing: An industry group says China`s number of Internet users has surged past 500 million and is still growing strongly.
The China Internet Network Information Center said Monday the mainland`s number of Internet users stood at 513 million in December, up 12 percent from a year earlier.
China`s communist government promotes Internet use for business and education but tries to block access to material it considers subversive or pornographic.
The latest figures also showed the number of Chinese who surf the Web by mobile phone rose 17.5 percent to 356 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan