Chinese language website of Tibetan administration hacked: CTA
Dharamsala: Suspected Chinese hackers have targeted the Chinese language website of Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) in exile with some virus, making it inaccessible, a CTA official said.
"Our Chinese language official website has been attacked by China-based hackers with some virus and we have asked users not to access the website as a precaution till the virus is identified and the bug is fixed," alleged Lobsang Choedak, press officer of CTA.
"We are consulting experts as hacking of our websites is not new," he said.
Unlike in the past, hackers have not hacked our e-mail accounts this time, but the Chinese language site remained inaccessible, he said.
The official website tibet.Net covers issues related to the CTA.
Choedak said, the website of Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama has not been hacked and functioning normally.
A computer security firm warned early today that our website in Chinese language has been hacked and is infecting visitors` computers with viruses, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka