Chrome unseats Safari as 3rd popular Internet browser
San Francisco: Google Chrome last week unseated Apple Safari for the first time as the third most used Internet browser in the United States, according to figures released by StatCounter.
"This is quite a coup for Google as they have gone from zero to almost 10 percent of the US market in under two years," StatCounter chief executive Aodhan Cullen said in a release.
"There is a battle royal going on between Google and Apple in the Internet browser space (Chrome vs Safari) as well as in the mobile market (Android vs iPhone)."
Chrome had 8.97 percent of the US browser market in the week that ended Sunday, topping Safari`s 8.88 percent, StatCounter reported.
Safari lost an approximately 1.5 percent lead it had on Chrome two months earlier.
Firefox remained the second most popular with 28.48 percent of people using the free, open-source browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) reigned supreme with 52 percent of US Internet users surfing with the software.
Globally, Chrome remained in a solid third place with 9.44 percent of the browser market and slowly closing the gaps with second-place Firefox, which had slightly more than 31 percent, and IE with 52.78 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh