Chrome unseats Safari as 3rd popular Internet browser
San Francisco: Google Chrome last week unseated Apple Safari for the first time as the third most used Internet browser in the United States, according to figures released by StatCounter.
"This is quite a coup for Google as they have gone from zero to almost 10 percent of the US market in under two years," StatCounter chief executive Aodhan Cullen said in a release.
"There is a battle royal going on between Google and Apple in the Internet browser space (Chrome vs Safari) as well as in the mobile market (Android vs iPhone)."
Chrome had 8.97 percent of the US browser market in the week that ended Sunday, topping Safari`s 8.88 percent, StatCounter reported.
Safari lost an approximately 1.5 percent lead it had on Chrome two months earlier.
Firefox remained the second most popular with 28.48 percent of people using the free, open-source browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) reigned supreme with 52 percent of US Internet users surfing with the software.
Globally, Chrome remained in a solid third place with 9.44 percent of the browser market and slowly closing the gaps with second-place Firefox, which had slightly more than 31 percent, and IE with 52.78 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control