CIA website falls prey to hackers
Washington: Notorious Internet hacking group Anonymous has claimed responsibility for bringing down the Central Intelligence Agency’s website.
“CIA Tango down,” a member of the hacker group tweeted.
“Tango down” is an expression used by the US Special Forces when they have eliminated an enemy.
According to news.com.au, the CIA site remained offline on Friday, and a spokeswoman said the agency was looking into the reports.
This would not be the first time the CIA website has been put offline.
In June last year, an Anonymous-affiliated group, Lulz Security, also temporarily disabled the CIA website.
Most Anonymous cyber attacks are distributed denial of service attacks in which a large number of computers are commanded to simultaneously visit a website, overwhelming its servers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi