Clara Schumann’s 193rd birthday is Google`s new doodle!
New Delhi: Google has posted a new doodle on its homepage to mark German musician and composer Clara Schumann’s 193rd birth anniversary.
The Google homepage greets visitors with a doodle of Clara Schumann with her eight kids appearing to play the piano.
Clara Josephine Wieck was born in Leipzig on September 13. She was considered one of the most distinguished pianists of the Romantic era. She was one of the first pianists to perform from memory, making that the standard for concertising.
Clara used to believe that “Composing gives me great pleasure... there is nothing that surpasses the joy of creation, if only because through it one wins hours of self-forgetfulness, when one lives in a world of sound.”
Her key achievement was that she changed the music taste of the listening public.
At the age of 76, Clara suffered a heart attack and eventually died of a stroke in 1895.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says