Clara Schumann’s 193rd birthday is Google`s new doodle!
New Delhi: Google has posted a new doodle on its homepage to mark German musician and composer Clara Schumann’s 193rd birth anniversary.
The Google homepage greets visitors with a doodle of Clara Schumann with her eight kids appearing to play the piano.
Clara Josephine Wieck was born in Leipzig on September 13. She was considered one of the most distinguished pianists of the Romantic era. She was one of the first pianists to perform from memory, making that the standard for concertising.
Clara used to believe that “Composing gives me great pleasure... there is nothing that surpasses the joy of creation, if only because through it one wins hours of self-forgetfulness, when one lives in a world of sound.”
Her key achievement was that she changed the music taste of the listening public.
At the age of 76, Clara suffered a heart attack and eventually died of a stroke in 1895.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested