Clara Schumann’s 193rd birthday is Google`s new doodle!
New Delhi: Google has posted a new doodle on its homepage to mark German musician and composer Clara Schumann’s 193rd birth anniversary.
The Google homepage greets visitors with a doodle of Clara Schumann with her eight kids appearing to play the piano.
Clara Josephine Wieck was born in Leipzig on September 13. She was considered one of the most distinguished pianists of the Romantic era. She was one of the first pianists to perform from memory, making that the standard for concertising.
Clara used to believe that “Composing gives me great pleasure... there is nothing that surpasses the joy of creation, if only because through it one wins hours of self-forgetfulness, when one lives in a world of sound.”
Her key achievement was that she changed the music taste of the listening public.
At the age of 76, Clara suffered a heart attack and eventually died of a stroke in 1895.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'