Commonwealth Games 2014: Google celebrates with doodle
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
New Delhi: Google celebrates the opening ceremony of one of the largest multi-sports event, Commonwealth Games 2014 in Glasgow with a doodle on its homepage.
It has paid tribute to the athletes participating in the event by coming out with a doodle. The doodle is rather a simple one, unlike the earlier elaborate ones which we saw for Olympics and the recently concluded FIFA World Cup 2014. Also, the Commonwealth Games does not have an interactive logo as such.
The Google doodle features athletes in full action over a green background. And users will see men wrestling, cyclists, hammer thrower, badminton player and a bowler depicting five of the 17 sporting activities featured in the games that will appear on the screen when they visit the homepage.
Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II, the official Head of the Commonwealth, will open the Games by reading a message carried in the baton.
A total of 53 Commonwealth nations participate in the games.
Former athlete Allison Curbishley became the last person to bear the Queen`s Baton on Tuesday, as it ended its 10-month journey across the Commonwealth journey at Queen`s Park, Glasgow.
Wednesday’s opening ceremony at the Celtic Park in the city will feature 3,000 cast members including Scottish musicians Rod Stewart, Lulu and James Grant, and 4,500 athletes from the 71 participating nations and territories.
The fans can expect some brilliant performances from the world-class athletes representing their respective countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest