Computer virus may target Indian firms in Dubai?
Dubai: A computer virus from China has been targeting users in India as well as in China, and as many Indian companies are based in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), they need to be "extra careful", an expert has said.
Virus attacks on computers have increased to such an extent that officials in Dubai have warned computer users to be alert and vigilant, the Gulf News reported.
"Don`t connect to wireless network and your computer doesn`t have programme, it`s possible to get virus or worm e-mail," Dubai Police wrote on micro-blogging website Twitter.
Nick Black, technical manager of Trend Micro, a computer security company, told Gulf News that the attacks were not targeted at specific networks.
He said that in the last few days, a virus from China has been "floating around and is targeting users in India and China". Since many Indian companies are based in Dubai, "they need to be extra careful", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference