Computer virus may target Indian firms in Dubai?
Dubai: A computer virus from China has been targeting users in India as well as in China, and as many Indian companies are based in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), they need to be "extra careful", an expert has said.
Virus attacks on computers have increased to such an extent that officials in Dubai have warned computer users to be alert and vigilant, the Gulf News reported.
"Don`t connect to wireless network and your computer doesn`t have programme, it`s possible to get virus or worm e-mail," Dubai Police wrote on micro-blogging website Twitter.
Nick Black, technical manager of Trend Micro, a computer security company, told Gulf News that the attacks were not targeted at specific networks.
He said that in the last few days, a virus from China has been "floating around and is targeting users in India and China". Since many Indian companies are based in Dubai, "they need to be extra careful", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter