Computer virus may target Indian firms in Dubai?
Dubai: A computer virus from China has been targeting users in India as well as in China, and as many Indian companies are based in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), they need to be "extra careful", an expert has said.
Virus attacks on computers have increased to such an extent that officials in Dubai have warned computer users to be alert and vigilant, the Gulf News reported.
"Don`t connect to wireless network and your computer doesn`t have programme, it`s possible to get virus or worm e-mail," Dubai Police wrote on micro-blogging website Twitter.
Nick Black, technical manager of Trend Micro, a computer security company, told Gulf News that the attacks were not targeted at specific networks.
He said that in the last few days, a virus from China has been "floating around and is targeting users in India and China". Since many Indian companies are based in Dubai, "they need to be extra careful", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today