Counter cyber attackers with same tech they use: NTRO Chief
New Delhi: The technology used by cyber attackers like malwares and tor can be used to counter them, a top official of country`s technical intelligence body NTRO said Monday.
"You keep on hearing about cookies, proxies then anonymous services like onion routing, tor or honey pod. These are kind of things used by attackers. Same technology can be used to counter them," NTRO Chairman Alhad G Apte said at a two-day summit organised by industry chamber Assocham.
The Chairman of National Technical Research Organization said that method to address cyber security issues have to be through new approaches but the situation is not as grim as it is sometimes made out to be.
He said intrusion detection systems which finds out cyber attack made on infrastructure can be used in predictive analysis of the attack so as to minimise the response time for new types of attack.
"For effective cyber security we should first create convenient system for acceptable use of cyber world. We tend to put more and more restriction and sometime these restrictions become counterproductive," Apte said.
He called for strong cooperation among all stakeholders connected with cyber space for dealing with cyber security issues.
"This is a borderless state and breach is likely to result in some kind of national security issues," Apte said
Speaking on the occasion, Ex-Centre Director of National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre, Muktesh Chander said that people always knew about vulnerability of coastal borders but security has been beefed up after Mumbai attack.v
"Let us not repeat this mistake of waking up after disaster. A digital Pearl Harbour need not happen to make us realise dangers of cyber space on our national security," Chander said.
He said we need to our guard our secrets in cyber world from large scale cyber espionage.
"Prevention and detection of cyber attack and if need be retaliation in cyber space is the need of the hour," Chander said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly