Cyber security and policing meet in Kochi
Thiruvananthapuram: New methods to tackle cyber crimes will be discussed at a two-day conference on cyber security and policing at Kochi from August 22.
The conference, hosted by state police in association with Kerala IT Mission, Information Security Research Association and Society for the Policing of Cyberspace, is aimed at providing a platform to discuss and share new information and latest trends in cyber crimes the world over.
Tackling crimes with special reference to cyber crimes against women is the special theme of the conference this year, an official release said.
Though cyber crime was on the rise and has become a matter of concern, there was still lack of awareness among the general public, it said.
The current trends and evidence shows that cyber crime was likely to grow in coming days and it was desirable that industry, law enforcement agencies and supporting groups come forward to empower and protect individuals and organisations from cyber crime and other online threats.
Given the importance and potential of IT in India, there was need for special effort to fight these illegal activities. Cyber crime investigation is a major challenge in Kerala where there are 2.5 crore mobile customers, 30 lakh landline users and 12 lakh internet connections, the release said.
Kerala has a 85 per cent tele-density level as against the national average of 56.83 per cent, it said.
Cyber security experts from the country and abroad were expected to participate in the event. Former President APJ Abdul Kalam will deliver the keynote address.
Some topics to be discussed at the conference were digital strategies for prevention and detection of crime against women, cyber terror and counter terror in the cyber world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg