Cyber security and policing meet in Kochi
Thiruvananthapuram: New methods to tackle cyber crimes will be discussed at a two-day conference on cyber security and policing at Kochi from August 22.
The conference, hosted by state police in association with Kerala IT Mission, Information Security Research Association and Society for the Policing of Cyberspace, is aimed at providing a platform to discuss and share new information and latest trends in cyber crimes the world over.
Tackling crimes with special reference to cyber crimes against women is the special theme of the conference this year, an official release said.
Though cyber crime was on the rise and has become a matter of concern, there was still lack of awareness among the general public, it said.
The current trends and evidence shows that cyber crime was likely to grow in coming days and it was desirable that industry, law enforcement agencies and supporting groups come forward to empower and protect individuals and organisations from cyber crime and other online threats.
Given the importance and potential of IT in India, there was need for special effort to fight these illegal activities. Cyber crime investigation is a major challenge in Kerala where there are 2.5 crore mobile customers, 30 lakh landline users and 12 lakh internet connections, the release said.
Kerala has a 85 per cent tele-density level as against the national average of 56.83 per cent, it said.
Cyber security experts from the country and abroad were expected to participate in the event. Former President APJ Abdul Kalam will deliver the keynote address.
Some topics to be discussed at the conference were digital strategies for prevention and detection of crime against women, cyber terror and counter terror in the cyber world.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof