Cyber security and policing meet in Kochi
Thiruvananthapuram: New methods to tackle cyber crimes will be discussed at a two-day conference on cyber security and policing at Kochi from August 22.
The conference, hosted by state police in association with Kerala IT Mission, Information Security Research Association and Society for the Policing of Cyberspace, is aimed at providing a platform to discuss and share new information and latest trends in cyber crimes the world over.
Tackling crimes with special reference to cyber crimes against women is the special theme of the conference this year, an official release said.
Though cyber crime was on the rise and has become a matter of concern, there was still lack of awareness among the general public, it said.
The current trends and evidence shows that cyber crime was likely to grow in coming days and it was desirable that industry, law enforcement agencies and supporting groups come forward to empower and protect individuals and organisations from cyber crime and other online threats.
Given the importance and potential of IT in India, there was need for special effort to fight these illegal activities. Cyber crime investigation is a major challenge in Kerala where there are 2.5 crore mobile customers, 30 lakh landline users and 12 lakh internet connections, the release said.
Kerala has a 85 per cent tele-density level as against the national average of 56.83 per cent, it said.
Cyber security experts from the country and abroad were expected to participate in the event. Former President APJ Abdul Kalam will deliver the keynote address.
Some topics to be discussed at the conference were digital strategies for prevention and detection of crime against women, cyber terror and counter terror in the cyber world.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...