Cyberspace abuzz with Dhoni, World Cup searches
New Delhi: India`s World Cup triumph against Sri Lanka has created ripples in the virtual world as well, with `World Cup 2011 photos`, `India world champions`, and `Dhoni family` being the top three most searched terms in India Sunday morning, according to data by Google Trends.
The web facility, that ranks the most searched topics on the Internet, showed the cricket-related terms as the top three searches between Saturday 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.
Some of the other searched-for terms included `ICC World Cup rankings`, `Dhoni wife`, and `Poonam Pandey strip`, referring to the model who promised to shed her clothes if India won the Cup.
It was not just India, but the Men in Blue`s triumph echoed around the world as well. Google Trends data the US showed `World Cup` and `Dhoni` as the top two searched items till 1 p.m. Sunday.
Adding to the craze were netizens who uploaded videos of Dhoni`s match-winning sixer.
Video-sharing website Youtube has over 100 uploads of the video, viewed over 2.2 million (22 lakh) times.
"We have done it. I am so proud to be an Indian!" Sumit posted on the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir