Cyberspace abuzz with Dhoni, World Cup searches
New Delhi: India`s World Cup triumph against Sri Lanka has created ripples in the virtual world as well, with `World Cup 2011 photos`, `India world champions`, and `Dhoni family` being the top three most searched terms in India Sunday morning, according to data by Google Trends.
The web facility, that ranks the most searched topics on the Internet, showed the cricket-related terms as the top three searches between Saturday 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.
Some of the other searched-for terms included `ICC World Cup rankings`, `Dhoni wife`, and `Poonam Pandey strip`, referring to the model who promised to shed her clothes if India won the Cup.
It was not just India, but the Men in Blue`s triumph echoed around the world as well. Google Trends data the US showed `World Cup` and `Dhoni` as the top two searched items till 1 p.m. Sunday.
Adding to the craze were netizens who uploaded videos of Dhoni`s match-winning sixer.
Video-sharing website Youtube has over 100 uploads of the video, viewed over 2.2 million (22 lakh) times.
"We have done it. I am so proud to be an Indian!" Sumit posted on the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'