Data Security Council to offer cyber forensics certification
New Delhi: Data Security Council of India (DSCI), a body set up by Nasscom, Friday said it will offer cyber forensics certification in India in collaboration with ISC2 (ISC-squared).
ISC2 is the world`s largest not-for-profit body of certified information and software security professionals, with almost 1,00,000 members.
Cyber forensics refers to the process of extracting information and data from computers to serve as evidence for civil purposes or to prove and legally prosecute cyber crime.
Registration is open for the expert-level (ISC)2-certified cyber forensics professional certification in India, with the first exam on May 15 at Pearson VUE test centres, DSCI said in a statement.
The certification is the only global standard available to assess the mastery of digital forensics professionals in the discipline, it added.
Originally available in the US and South Korea, the certification was recently made available in the European Union.
The credential has been developed in coordination with DSCI, a self-regulatory and not-for-profit organisation set up by the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom), to meet the needs of the Indian cyber forensics community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter