Dating app Tinder makes 1 billion matches since launch
Washington: Dating app Tinder has reportedly reached one billion milestone of matches between its users, since its launch 17 months back.
The simple dating app shows users a stack of potential matches and allows them to swipe right or left to show their interest and two users show mutual interest, the app the connects them and allows for exchange of messages.
It is this number of matches that Tinder is counting and its CEO Sean Rad believes that the number reflects that the app was here to stay.
Rad said that Tinder was absolutely solving a core human issue that people have with social discovery, Tech Crunch reports.
According to the report, Tinder had revealed in January last year that it had made 1 million matches, and the number was 500 million in December.
On the recent report that celebrities on the service weren`t getting `chosen,` because people thought of the profiles as counterfeit, Rad confirmed that the service was rolling out `Verified Accounts,` similar to Facebook and Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?