Dedicated social networking platforms for Northeast people
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday launched a dedicated social Networking platforms on Facebook and WhatsApp to reach out to the people of Northeast at an interactive review meeting on security of people from the Northeastern states.
The Facebook page was inaugurated by Special Commissioner (Law and Order) Deepak Mishra for better interface with the people of Northeast.
He also requested all the NE people residing in Delhi and even outside the national capital to interact on the FB page for better reach-out and redressal of their problems.
He further assured that all the points raised by the NE people at the meeting will be taken into consideration and appropriate action will be taken accordingly.
A 24 x 7 Helpline number 1093 for Northeastern people, a dedicated website dpfne.Com were already in place for the Northeastern population residing in the national capital.
People can now also reach out to the police via interactive social media via WhatsApp at mobile No 9810083486 and Facebook page "Delhi Police for North East Folks".
On the occasion, the Nodal Officer for Northeastern people and Joint Commissioner (Training) Robin Hibu presented a detailed Power Point Presentation on initiatives taken by the Delhi Police for the security of Northeastern people.
Some of the important highlights were the adoption of Standing Order by Delhi Police based on Zero Tolerance Policy for tackling the problems faced by NE people, appointment of IGP rank officer from North East as Chief Nodal Officer for Delhi Police and 11 district DCsP as Nodal Officers for their respective jurisdiction.
Other than this, 53 people from the Northeast have been appointed as Representatives of Eight Northeastern states who will act as ambassadors on behalf of their respective States and Delhi Police.
They will also assist the Delhi Police in distress hours and will be the channel for redressing the problems faced by the different tribes of Northeast, compulsory sensitization training for all the basic and in-service training courses, creation of a special unit for North East people headed by a DCP at Nanakpura.
During the interactive review meeting, besides senior Delhi Police officials, women activists, lawyers and student leaders raised some points for better security of the Northeastern citizens in the national capital.
The newly created Special Unit for NE should have power of police stations to investigate the cases all over Delhi. The special unit should also have sufficient manpower and logistics.
Special recruitment drives for Northeastern people at their respective state capitals.
"They have also suggested that field officers - SHOs, district DCsP and Joint CP/Ranges should be available at social media like WhatsApp, email etc. For better interaction and redressal of their problems," said Hibu.
Proper data banks of crime against Northeastern people for effective monitoring, some of the young Northeastern officers should be posted back to Delhi and should be given a posting where NE people are in large number like Vasant Vihar, Mukherjee Nagar and Hauz Khas, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow