Doodle 4 Google 2012 winner featured on Google India home page
Zeenews Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: On Children’s Day on Wednesday, Google India homepage has been adorned with a doodle created by the national winner of this year’s `Doodle 4 Google` contest, Arun Kumar Yadav, from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Chandigarh.
Google had invited school children in India, between the ages of 5 to 16 years, to send doodles with the theme `Unity in Diversity`.
This year’s contest received over two lakh entries, which were whittled down to 13 entries across various age groups. The preliminary judges of these entries were cartoonist Ajit Ninan and actor Boman Irani.
Arun Kumar Yadav`s doodle is titled ‘India: A prism of multiplicity’ to celebrate India’s diverse cultures, religions, languages, customs and traditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam