Doodle 4 Google 2012 winner featured on Google India home page
Zeenews Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: On Children’s Day on Wednesday, Google India homepage has been adorned with a doodle created by the national winner of this year’s `Doodle 4 Google` contest, Arun Kumar Yadav, from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Chandigarh.
Google had invited school children in India, between the ages of 5 to 16 years, to send doodles with the theme `Unity in Diversity`.
This year’s contest received over two lakh entries, which were whittled down to 13 entries across various age groups. The preliminary judges of these entries were cartoonist Ajit Ninan and actor Boman Irani.
Arun Kumar Yadav`s doodle is titled ‘India: A prism of multiplicity’ to celebrate India’s diverse cultures, religions, languages, customs and traditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’