Douglas Adams` 61st birthday celebrated by Google doodle
New Delhi: Today Google celebrates noted author and humorist Douglas Adams` legacy and life with an interesting doodle. He is best known for his cult classic book ‘The Hitchhiker`s Guide to the Galaxy’.
Douglas Noel Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001) was an English writer, humorist and dramatist born in Cambridge England. He showed a flair for writing from an early age and graduated in English literature in 1974. After graduation, he moved to London with an aim of becoming a TV and radio writer.
His talent as a writer was noticed by Monty Python`s Graham Chapman and the two co-wrote a sketch for the surreal-humour-based television series. Apart from that, Douglas has written some of the best selling novels. A music enthusiast who could play guitar and piano, Adams also was an environmental activist who championed the cause of wildlife conservation.
Today’s doodle features many facets of his popular comic science fiction series which also got adapted into a movie in 2005.
It displays a cup of tea, which is a reference to one of his Dirk Gently detective novels, called ‘The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul’. With a click of a lift door on the doodle, one of Adams`s most popular and enduring characters from the Hitchhiker novels, Marvin the paranoid android, is revealed.
There are many references to the Hitchhiker`s Guide. With many clicks, some of Adams`s best fictional inventions, including the Babel Fish, which can be inserted in your ear to translate any language, are on show.
Adams would have been 61 today, had he not tragically passed away from a heart attack at the age of 49 on May 11, 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final