Douglas Adams` 61st birthday celebrated by Google doodle
New Delhi: Today Google celebrates noted author and humorist Douglas Adams` legacy and life with an interesting doodle. He is best known for his cult classic book ‘The Hitchhiker`s Guide to the Galaxy’.
Douglas Noel Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001) was an English writer, humorist and dramatist born in Cambridge England. He showed a flair for writing from an early age and graduated in English literature in 1974. After graduation, he moved to London with an aim of becoming a TV and radio writer.
His talent as a writer was noticed by Monty Python`s Graham Chapman and the two co-wrote a sketch for the surreal-humour-based television series. Apart from that, Douglas has written some of the best selling novels. A music enthusiast who could play guitar and piano, Adams also was an environmental activist who championed the cause of wildlife conservation.
Today’s doodle features many facets of his popular comic science fiction series which also got adapted into a movie in 2005.
It displays a cup of tea, which is a reference to one of his Dirk Gently detective novels, called ‘The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul’. With a click of a lift door on the doodle, one of Adams`s most popular and enduring characters from the Hitchhiker novels, Marvin the paranoid android, is revealed.
There are many references to the Hitchhiker`s Guide. With many clicks, some of Adams`s best fictional inventions, including the Babel Fish, which can be inserted in your ear to translate any language, are on show.
Adams would have been 61 today, had he not tragically passed away from a heart attack at the age of 49 on May 11, 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city