Earth Day 2013: Google celebrates with animated doodle
Zee Media Bureau
Mountain View, California: Earth Day 2013 is being marked in style by search giant Google with an animated doodle adorning its home page on April 22, 2013.
With the change of seasons as the theme, the doodle lets users play and pause a moving `sun` or `moon` on four different images, depicting the four seasons.
Starting from noon on a sunny spring day, the play button on the Google Earth Day 2013 doodle sets the sun in motion westwards and sets. Then the moon rises and the cycle continues through different seasons and phases of the moon.
While in spring there is a little snow on the mountain tops and the flowers and the plants begin to bloom, the temperate climate is replaced by the scorching summer followed by the frozen December when the only sign of life are the fishes in the stream.
Earth Day is held every year to highlight green issues with events being held around the world to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
First ever Earth Day was held in 1970, although the name and concept was pioneered a year earlier by activist John McConnell.
Planting trees in the most common way people support the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day