eBay’s redesigned logo similar to older version as well as Google!
London: Web giant eBay has unveiled a new logo for its website, which has striking similarities with its old one and also with Google’s iconic homepage logo.
The auction and shopping site has had the same logo since the 1990s, but the redesigned logo looks like little more than a flattened-out version of the old.
The logo was revealed by company president Devin Wenig, who said the move reflected a shift away from auctions and collectibles toward full-priced, buy-it-now merchandise.
“The eBay logo is known the world over, so changing it was not a decision made lightly. The time felt right,” the Daily Mail quoted Wenig, as writing in a letter to the employees.
eBay is focusing more on new, fixed-priced sales as it tries to compete better with Amazon.com, which has been growing faster.
“It`s eBay today: a global online marketplace that offers a cleaner, more contemporary and consistent experience,” Wenig wrote.
“Auction-style listings, used goods, vintage items and quirky, one-of-a-kind finds are still a big part of what makes buying and selling on eBay special,” he added.
The move is reminiscent of Microsoft``s own redesign last month, when the PC behemoth revealed a more straightforward logo in its first design change for 25 years, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown