`Effective`: One of most overused terms by Indians
New Delhi: Indian professionals seem to be in love with the word "effective", which has emerged as the most overused term on popular networking site LinkedIn.
An analysis of over 12 million LinkedIn profiles in India have revealed that `extensive experience` and `problem solving` are among the other overused terms by professionals.
"The most overused buzzword in LinkedIn profiles globally is `creative` and in India is `effective`," the professional networking site said in a statement.
In the list of top 10 overused terms, `creative` is at the second spot, followed by `innovative` at the third place.
According to LinkedIn, other terms overused in India are `dynamic`, `extensive experience`, `problem solving`, `motivated`, `track record`, `communication skills` and `competitive`.
"Our members in India have realised the benefits of having a strong professional identity online to attract potential recruiters or business partners," LinkedIn India Country Manager Hari V Krishnan said.
Citing LinkedIn data, he said January is among the top three months to get a promotion in India.
"So this period, before the New Year, is a good time for members to makeover their profile and particularly remove buzzwords," he noted.
LinkedIn has more than 135 million members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor