Eight mistakes never to commit on LinkedIn
Washington: LinkedIn users hunting for a new job or trying to make the most of the one they have should avoid eight big mistakes on the professional networking site.
The biggest mistake that people do is not using a picture.
According to LinkedIn Career Expert Nicole Williams, you`re seven times more likely to have your profile viewed if you have one.
A missing photo can easily lead to missed connections, she added.
Secondly one must make sure that he/she is putting up the right picture. Add photo that is meant to show you at your professional, not personal, best.
Thirdly, always put up a status. Your LinkedIn status is the right place to update your network about your professional accomplishments and progress.
Fourthly, one should not use the standard connection request. People think that LinkedIn is like Twitter, where it`s about quantity over quality, but you`re supposed to be building valuable professional relationships to leverage into career opportunities, Williams said.
According to Williams, the fifth important measure is to make sure that you do not neglect privacy settings.
The sixth point to be remembered is never `skip the summary`. Williams said that one should think of the summary as a way of selling themselves. It is an opportunity to express voice and personality.
Another important point is that never eliminate your past jobs or volunteer work. One should list the entire work history on LinkedIn.
The last and important point is `lurking`. Many people think that just having a profile is enough, but employers probably won`t simply stumble across your profile, be struck by your brilliance and offer you a job on the spot. You have to work for it.
Williams suggests people to join groups related to their field or even personal interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’