Emails from bosses ruining weekends for 40% employees
New York: At least 40 per cent workers have admitted that weekends are no longer a time to get away from the stress of office as they regularly get weekend emails from their boss, a new survey has found.
A study of 600 employees in the US and Canada found that 40 per cent of workers get emails from their boss on weekends, who they say expects a response.
Another third reported getting work messages on Saturdays and Sundays from time to time, according to the survey by workforce solutions firm Right Management, the BusinessNewsDaily reported.
"It`s one thing to get broadcast or informational emails after office hours, but it`s now a given that everyone has to check their emails at least once a day, Saturday and Sunday included," said Michael Haid, senior vice president of talent management for Right Management.
"Having this type of `on demand` technology, reaching anyone at any time, definitely reshapes the thinking on what might constitute work-life balance as work life and private life may no longer exist as separate spaces," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up