`Error 404` most popular words on web for 2013
London: The most commonly used word across the web in 2013 was 404, which refers to an online technical error code, the Global Language Monitor has claimed.
The survey found that `toxic politics` was the top phrase and Pope Francis the top name in its annual global survey of the English language.
According to the Mirror, the rankings are based on how many times words, phrases and names were used online throughout the 1.8 billion people in the English-speaking world in the last 12 months.
To qualify, the words must have been used at least 25,000 times across all types of media.
According to the report, in the American-dominated list 404, fail, hashtag, @Pontifex, and US political jargon `The Optic` listed as the top five words.
After The Pope, ObamaCare, NSA, Ed Snowden are the top ranked names with Kate Middleton the highest Brit at number five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’