`Error 404` most popular words on web for 2013
London: The most commonly used word across the web in 2013 was 404, which refers to an online technical error code, the Global Language Monitor has claimed.
The survey found that `toxic politics` was the top phrase and Pope Francis the top name in its annual global survey of the English language.
According to the Mirror, the rankings are based on how many times words, phrases and names were used online throughout the 1.8 billion people in the English-speaking world in the last 12 months.
To qualify, the words must have been used at least 25,000 times across all types of media.
According to the report, in the American-dominated list 404, fail, hashtag, @Pontifex, and US political jargon `The Optic` listed as the top five words.
After The Pope, ObamaCare, NSA, Ed Snowden are the top ranked names with Kate Middleton the highest Brit at number five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?