Europe passes new law safeguarding citizens` data
London: Europe has approved the new data protection law after politicians voted overwhelmingly in favour of new laws safeguarding citizens` data.
The new Data Protection Regulation was approved with 621 votes for, 10 against and 22 abstentions.
Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding, who first proposed the law, said that the reform was a necessity, and now it is irreversible.
According to the report, she said that strong data protection rules must be Europe`s trademark, adding that after the US data spying scandals, data protection is more than ever a competitive advantage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane