Ex-Yahoo CEO not entitled to a severance package
New York: Yahoo`s former chief executive Scott Thompson, who quit the Internet firm recently amid allegations of manipulating his resume, will not be entitled to a severance package.
Severance package are benefits an employees receives on leaving the company in addition to regular pay.
Thompson, who took over the reins of once-dominant Yahoo in January, quit the company on Sunday. He was in negotiations with Yahoo over his separation agreement which was concluded on Saturday.
In a separation agreement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Yahoo said Thompson can keep "make whole" cash bonus and stocks that internet firm had given him as part of compensation for leaving his former company eBay Inc`s unit PayPal.
"The separation agreement supersedes and supplants any and all rights, claims, benefits and defenses you or the company would otherwise enjoy or be entitled to assert pursuant to your offer letter or any other document previously executed relating to your employment with the company," the filing said.
According to media reports, he is expected to loose nearly USD 19 million worth of stock options, bonuses and salary. This included annual salary of USD 1 million, an annual bonus of USD 2 million and outstanding stocks worth USD 16 million.
Thompson would be temporarily replaced by Ross Levinsohn, who was in charge of content and advertising services.
Levinsohn would manage the company`s day-to-day operations with assistance from the senior leadership team.
Apart from the top-level shuffle, Yahoo has named Fred Amoroso as chairman of the board of directors, replacing Roy Bostock.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed